“Purposefully fill your life with joy and you will find your desires everywhere your eyes look.”
I was pondering a few things this week, yes only a few things… ;) Gave my brain a little rest this weekend. I was thinking about animals-work horses in general. The movie War Horse is out on DVD and it got me thinking about desire and effort. In my life I have seen many goals have not been reached due to my desire, my attitude, my passion towards a task. In my life coaching and personal training business I keep asking the question are you giving it your all? And really I can never be the judge of that (only you will truly know), but I want to pose that question to you- Are you giving your best effort, do you have a desire and passion to be the best at everything you do, or are you just making it through the motions? In this blog I am going to split it up in three parts that I will post all this week. One today, one more portion in the middle and the last at the end of the week.
One reason that I believe people are falling short in what their life statement says about them is due to their EFFORT towards their desires. I am not just talking about physical effort either. Yes industriousness is a great virtue to have. There is nothing that feels better than working hard towards something, but sometimes you could work your butt off and not progress one inch because you could have done it smarter. Hence the old saying, work smarter not harder. There is more to effort and desire than by the mark of sweat upon our brow. I want to simplify this blog into three issues to help you find a clearer path towards the desires of your life – attitude, passion, and your why’s.
Attitude Is Everything
Your ATTITUDE is probably the most crucial starting point for the journey of your life. Is your perception optimistic or pessimistic of how you view surroundings, how you see your past/current/future conditions, or whatever factors could be included in any situation you encounter? The beginning is always the hardest, but once you pick your direction and get moving you are more than half-way to getting to where you want to be. Attitude is such a huge aspect to consider because a good or bad mindset will be the fuel in your life’s drive. It will decide how fast you go, it will decide whether you peter out too soon, keep going strong, and it will determine the severity of the bumps you will have along the way.
Attitude is like fuel; the purer it is the less sputters and stops you will have. When you have a great outlook and attitude about life you are unstoppable. There will always be roadblocks, potholes, or wrong turns; but the purer and more focused your attitude is about all the positives the easier and faster you will find your end point. What does a good attitude consist of? Well for you it may be different but I think good qualities are:
1) A NO Quit attitude. It is so easy to give in and give up; to say I didn’t want it anyways. But true WINNERS go the distance… no matter what the cost
2) Finding the good in each situation. The more you look towards the positive the easier it is to not let the negative stop and drag you down
3) An Open Mindset. Could consist of being able to say that maybe you might have made a wrong turn and to re-trace your steps to find the right way. A willingness to go into the unknown with open arms; embracing the unseen future knowing that it will be an amazing ride no matter what. Many wise mentors I have listened to have said the best part of their life was the journey not the destination.
4) A Loving attitude. Those who care and build sincere authentic relationships find more meaning and fulfillment along the way. You never know who will be a guide or help you’re your journey, and it’s always fun to have a travel companion helping to keep your mind off the length of the trip.
5) A Thankful attitude. The virtue of appreciation is the greatest aspect we can hold onto. When we are thankful and respectful to our time here upon this journey, we are open to all of the blessings that we are bestowed and grateful to be able to be taking part in this ride. Some people have forgotten that they can enjoy this ride of life; it is a blessing to have this type of outlook.
You have a few things to think about. This week life will be going by fast, but it will be worth it to pay attention. Take notice of your levels of attitude? Are you looking for the best things in life, are you putting your best effort into not only the task at hand but your attitude towards it. Your attitude is what will help you make it through the tough times, and it will be what will make the amazing times lasting and so much better. Next post I will be looking into getting to know your WHY’s. When you find this out and add a grateful attitude of optimism, you will be two thirds of the way to fitting he puzzle together of successfully reaching your desires.
Check back later in the week to find out the next step, or easier yet, subscribe to this blog just below this posting and you will be notified when I post something new. If you like what I am doing PLEASE make sure to let others know, whether by snail mail, email, posting in your blog, chatting up a friend- make sure to spread the word about Strong Within and this blog. Let’s make this world a better place as we share the best of ourselves by putting our best life forward and helping those around us as well.
© 2012 Chris O’Hearn all rights reserved